By his grace alone

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Baby this and Baby that

I figured "pink" would be the best color candidate for this topic! I woke up bright and early to get my daughter dressed and on her way with her nana to the library this morning. I miss her already but it is time that I need apart from her. She is 4 months old and just as much as she needs me, I need her.. and I find myself consumed n her all day and everyday. It is important to have that time apart so I have time to do other things and no forget about my other responsibilities or interests. 

Her name is LaBelle- which I forgot to mention. We are going to an Easter egg hunt this Wed. @ 11:00 at my local library. Then I am off to her doctors apt. William is coming with me ! That should be much fun! 

On to the next.. I was curious to see what developmental stages my daughter is achieving so I went on babycenter.com to check it out and look at all the cool stuff I found out... 

4 months

Most babies should be able to . . .
  • Hold up head at 90 degree angle while on stomach... CHECK
  • Bear weight on both legs... I tend to hold her up and let her stand a bit while supported obviously but she is doing really well with that so yes CHECK
  • Goo and coo when you talk... OH YES! LOTS!! CHECK
  • Laugh and smile... CHECK
Some babies will probably be able to . . .
  • Grasp a rattle or toy.. CHECK
  • Pay attention to small object held in front of his or her face... CHECK
  • Roll over.. UNCHECK.. I think :/ She hasnt rolled over by herself fully yet
  • Reach out for objects.. CHECK
  • Do small mini push ups...very unsure as to what this means lol but I am assuming that when she is on tummy time it is her raising her chest with her arms.. if I assume that then CHECK
Some babies could possibly be able to . . .
  • Turn in direction of familiar voices... CHECK
  • Hold head level with body when pulled to sit.. CHECK
  • Sit without support.. only for a short amount of time.. she is getting there though. We will UNCHECK this for now.
  • Make a razzing sound.. CHECK
  • Get upset if you take a toy away... CHECK 

    Well okay then! She is doing well :) When she is 5 months I will do this again !!  
    *Tell me about your baby

No comments:

Post a Comment